Sanctuary Auto Limited (“AutoScrap Market”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This Policy applies to visitors of the AutoScrapMarket website at https://autoscrapmarket.co.uk (the “Website”). This policy also applies to the site’s other platform at https://www.autoscrapmarket.com. In this policy, we have set out the basis on which personal data collected by us from our users and how this personal data will processed. We advice that you take time to read this information carefully to understand how we handle and uses your personal data.
1. Who we are?
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Sanctuary Auto Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number #11104960 and whose registered office address is at 71-75 Shelton Street Covent Garden, London, United Kingdom, WC2H 9JQ. All details supplied to us with your online advertisement will be safeguarded both by this Policy and also by the Data Protection Act 1998. Amendments and updates to this Policy may be made from time to time. Any revisions will be posted on this page so you will always be aware of what information we collect. Please review this page regularly so that you are aware of any changes.
1.1 Contact us
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed using the following details:
Sanctuary Auto Ltd
71-75 Shelton Street
London, United Kingdom
Tel: 0203 723 1817
Mobile: 0778 4204 203
2. How we use, store and process your Information
2.1 Advertising on the Website
- As part of the advert placement process we will collect your name, email address and phone number. We will also collect your location or postcode in order to provide a positioning of each car parts or vehicle and location of your business within our database, this allows potential buyers to locate you for sale within a set radius of a chosen location. We may contact you to via Phone or Email remind you if your advert expires and to advice you to repost your advert.
- To allow user to locate a local scrap or junk yard through the use of google map location.
- To send you alerts about adverts that match your search preferences and to let you know when other users of the site have expressed an interest in any adverts you have posted to the site.
- To provide customer service in relation to your use of the website, to contact you, to deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the use of the website and to notify you about changes to our services.
- To administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- We currently do not request customers vehicles registration, adding this information to your advert is at your own discretion and must take responsibility for any loss and damage caused.
- To ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for the device you’re using.
- To develop, improve and personalise the website so as to improve your user browsing experience; and
- To ensure users are able to communicate between each other in relation to the advert. We reserve the right to monitor and retain all communications via the email service for security monitoring purposes.
2.2 Communicating with other users
- For the purpose of easy and effective communication between our users, we may collect your social media profile details. If you choose to register and log in to our site using e.g Facebook or Google, you are agreeing to share some of the information contained in your Facebook profile or Google account with us, such as your profile picture, age, gender, friends list, your education and work history, your email address and your interests.
- We may also collect and store any information contained in communications between yourself and other users on the site, where such communications have taken place via our on-site messaging system or a comments or reviews of an advert. We do not routinely monitor all communications but we may use software to track communications and we reserve the right to monitor them in order to investigate any suspected breach of our terms and conditions, illegal behaviour or any other misuse of our service or for any other reasonable reason as determined by us from time to time.
- We may use this information to improve your user experience on the site and to match you with other users of the site who you are already friends with on Facebook, or who have similar interests or histories to you.
2.3 Comments and Media uploads
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website
2.4 Communicating with Us
- We may collect any information contained in correspondence between you and us. For example, if you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website, or any content or services made available through it.
- We may use it provide customer support in relation to your use of the website, to contact you, to deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the use of the website and to notify you about changes to our services;
2.5 Marketing and Promotions
- When you register with our Website, we ask you whether you would like to receive our communications detailing offers, news and services from AutoScrap Market and/or information from third party companies via email and/or via post that we feel may be of interest to you.
- On occasions we may run promotions in which personal information is collected. We will always ask you if you agree to this and advise you if this information may be shared with a third party for the purpose of providing third parties with statistical information about our users.
- We may use your information to generate an overall audience profile of visitors using the Website. This information is then used to assist in developing relevant content on the Website as well as ensuring that advertisers looking to reach specific audience groups are encouraged to place their stock or promotions on the Website.
- You will always be asked to provide your consent to this use by opting in. To stop receiving our promotional offers and alerts, please click the link found at the bottom of each email or update your account preferences.
- Some of this data may be used in press releases or shared with third parties on an aggregated basis. However, no individual will ever be identifiable from such data. Please note that any materials or information you post to our website will be visible to other users of the site. We therefore advise you to be selective about what information you include in your adverts and not to include any information you aren’t happy to be publically available.
2.6 Payment Information
All payment for any products or services offered through our site, including for any adverts or subscription is made via a secure connection and all payment transactions will be encrypted.
Payment Card information is used solely for the purpose of processing payment for your subscription. The payments are provided by our third party payment processors, currently Stripe, WorldPay and Paypal. AutoScrap Market retains no record of Payment Card details and do not processed your data on our own server, however, when processing payments, some of your data including your name, billing address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password are handle and processed by these third parties e.g PayPal. These information are required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
2.7 Using our Mobile Applications
- If you choose to download or use our Mobile Applications, or access one of our mobile optimised sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location based services in relating to your advertising, search results, and other personalised content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services within the mobile device’s settings. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacture of your particular device.
- By submitting personal information to us, you are deemed to have agreed to the terms set out above regarding the use of your personal information. We may also contact you for research purposes.
3. Where we store your personal data
- Once we received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features try to prevent any unauthorised access. Your information is retained in the store indefinitely for analytic tracking purposes and for future export. Data will be exported or removed upon users request.
- Payment card information, details you provide when requesting dealer or other third party services through the Website and information you provide when using the Chat Service is handled in accordance with the relevant service providers’ privacy policies and may be transferred and stored or processed by them outside of the EEA in accordance with their privacy policies. Where we transfer your data outside of the EEA, we will ensure that safeguards are in place to provide similar degree of protection is available to protect it. This may include contractual protections in place with our service providers or transferring your data to countries or parties which are recognised as providing suitable protection by the European Commission.Certain parties to whom we disclose your personal data may transfer your data outside of the EEA after we disclose it to them as part of their business and administration activities (see above, Disclosure of your information). We are not responsible for any use of your personal data by these parties except where they act as our processor. If you have queries or require more information on how these third parties use your information, including such transfers outside of the EEA, please read their privacy policies or contact them.
4. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- We will send your personal information to Parts and Vehicle dealers, Scrap yards, vehicle manufacturers and relevant third parties to enable them to provide you with the services and products that you have requested through the Website. In certain circumstances, the third parties and other relevant third parties may transfer, process and store your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for business and administration purposes. Additionally, the Chat Service provider may use computer infrastructure which is situated outside of the EEA.
- By submitting your personal data to us through the Website, you consent to your personal data being transferred outside the EEA. By using the Chat Service, you consent to any personal data disclosed in the course of using the Chat Service being processed and stored by the Chat Service provider on its systems outside the EEA.
- We may use service providers to help us run the Website or services available on the Website, some of whom may be based outside the EEA. Some of our webpages use plugins from third party platforms (such as the ‘Facebook Recommend’ or Facebook Gestures’ function). Information about your visit to the Website may be collected by these third party providers on these pages. If you browse these pages whilst still also logged in to your account on the third party platform, information collected by the third party may be connected to your account on the third party platform. For more information on how these third parties use information, please read their privacy policies.
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our terms and conditions and any other agreements.
- In the event that we sells or buys any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Sanctuary Auto Limited may share your personal information with its group companies.
- For the purposes of the prevention or detection of offences, and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, we may share any information that we collect with the Police, other public or private sector agencies, governmental or representative bodies in accordance with the relevant legislation. This will include public authorities, insurance companies, finance companies, automotive advertising companies and/or other agencies.
5.1 Google Analytics
Demographics and Interest Reporting, These help us better understand who our users are so we can make content on other channels, such as YouTube, more relevant. You can choose to opt out of these cookies here.
5.2 Google AdWords
Using Google AdWords code, we are able to see which pages helped lead to registering and, where applicable, upgrading. This allows us to make better use of our paid search budget on Google.. You can also choose to opt-out of AdWords remarketing here.
We uses services provided by Hotjar Ltd. Hotjar provides services including Heatmaps, Visitor recordings, Funnels and Form Analysis, Feedback Polls, Surveys and Recruiters. The information generated by the tracking code and cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Hotjar on servers in Ireland. Through the Hotjar tracking code the information collected is device specific data.
The following information may be collected through your device and browser:
- your device’s IP address (collected and stored in an anonymised format);
- your email address including first name and surname;
- device screen size;
- device type (unique device identifiers) and browser information;
- geographic location (country only);
- preferred language used to display the webpage.
Our servers automatically record information which is created upon using Hotjar. This data includes:
- referring domain;
- pages visited;
- geographic location (country only);
- preferred language used to display the webpage;
- date and time when website pages were accessed.
5.4 Turning off cookies
- If you don’t want us to install cookies on your computer for these purposes, you can change the settings on your internet browser to reject cookies. All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your browser for more details:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer;
- Cookie settings in Firefox;
- Cookie settings in Chrome; and
- Cookie settings in Safari
6. International data transfers
- No matter where or which country you are located, the information we collect will be transferred to the UK from any other country in which you may be located and will be subject to UK data protection laws rather than the laws of the country in which you are resident.
- We do not transfer personal data collected via our website outside the European Economic Area (unless you have consented; it is necessary to provide the services you have requested; or it is otherwise required or permitted by law).
7. Security and data retention
- We employ appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect against any unauthorised access to or unlawful processing of any personal information about you that we hold. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits, including the purpose of legal, accounting and reporting requirements, and for as long as necessary for the prevention and detection of criminal activity.
- The period for which we process and store the personal data for varies depending on the use you make of the Website and the products and/or services we offer. Where you register an account or place an advert we will retain your data for as long as your account and/or advert is live and a period after your account is closed or advert ends to enable us to satisfy our legal, accounting and reporting requirements.
- Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure. Although we employ appropriate technological and organisational security measures to protect your data we cannot guarantee the security of any data sent over the internet.
8. Third Party content, website and contributors
- Our website may contain content and links to other websites and microsites that are operated by third parties. In addition, advertisements contained on our website may operate as links to that advertiser’s website, and such advertisers and third parties may also use and place cookies on your computer.
9. Your Rights
You have the right to access all personal information supplied to us and make changes to any inaccuracies on the information held and to keep it update. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact information provided. Further enquiries should be made to email@example.com. If you wish to access your personal details held by us, please do so and there will be no charge for this service. If, however, you log multiple requests, a nominal charge may be applied to cover the administration of those requests. We may also require you to provide us with appropriate identification.
- You may request that we cease sending you any marketing information at any time by notifying us in writing, following any “unsubscribe” instructions included in any marketing communications which we send to you, or by clicking on “My Account” on the website homepage and updating your account preferences.
- Under the GDPR, you have the right to ‘block’ or request the deletion or removal of personal data to prevent further processing. This right to erasure is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. Specific circumstances in which you can request the deletion or removal of personal data include:
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed
- Where you withdraw consent
- When you object to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing
- Where the personal data was unlawfully processed (i.e. otherwise in breach of the GDPR)
- Where the personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation
In case a deletion is not possible due to legal, statutory or contractual retention periods, or if it requires disproportionate efforts or prejudices your legitimate interests, the data will be blocked instead of deleted.
- You may also request from us a copy of any of your personal data that has been processed through automated means. This will be provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format (where technically feasible), which you may then transmit to another controller. You have the right to request that we send this data to another controller on your behalf, but only if it is technically feasible to do so.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to collect, process and store your data at any time. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please confirm this via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a complaint about any aspect of data protection or if you feel your privacy has been breached by us, we would like to hear from you. To help us investigate and resolve your concerns as quickly as possible, please contact us via email to email@example.com
- You may request that we cease sending you any marketing information at any time by notifying us in writing or email, following any “unsubscribe” instructions included in any marketing communications which we send to you.
- You are required to provide personal data in order to enter into a contract with us. Failure to provide this personal data may mean that we are unable to execute the contract, and could result in termination of our provision of services to you.
- If at any time we intend to process your personal data for a reason or in a manner not originally communicated, then prior to performing that processing we will provide you with all relevant information.
If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Auto Trader (or third parties as described above), or how your complaint has been handled, in the first instance please email your concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the UK supervisory authority which is the Information Commissioner’s Office and can be contacted via the details at www.ico.org.uk.